Research Editor: G2 Crowd; June 2016 to present
- Responsible for copy editing all research reports, website content, blog posts, newsletters and graphics for G2 Crowd’s 15-person research team.
- Lays out blog posts in WordPress via Cornerstone page builder and custom HTML.
- Coordinates blog assignments and helps develop blog ideas. Tracks traffic with Google Analytics.
Content/Research Specialist: G2 Crowd; Aug. 2015 to June 2016
- Wrote reports, website content and blogs. Offered research editor role when position opened.
Freelance Sports Reporter: Chicago Tribune/Pioneer Press; June 2015 to present
- Cover games and write recaps, features, and game and season previews. Have written more than 100 total stories.
- Use social media to report during games. Have made radio appearances after games.
Application Writer/Production Assistant: 120 Sports; June 2014 to Aug. 2015
- Served a variety of roles for the digital sports television show 120 Sports. Started as a production assistant, moved to social media segment production, then wrote segments for the 120 Sports mobile application.
Freelance Sports Reporter: Chicago Sun-Times/Pioneer Press; Sept. 2013 to July 2014
- Similar role as with Pioneer Press since purchase by Tribune.
Detroit Pistons Featured Columnist: Bleacher Report; Jan. 2013 to June 2015
- Lead writer covering the Pistons for two seasons. Wrote analysis, inserted media, wrote captions and titles.
Freelance NBA Reporter: Pitch Marketing; 2015-16 season
- Interview players with assigned questions. Reported at Kobe Bryant’s last Bulls game.
NBA SportVU Data Processor: STATS LLC; 2014-15 season
- Verified SportVU player, ball and referee tracking data, fixing event discrepancies.
DePaul University; June 2014
- Master of Arts in Journalism, sports concentration; 3.76 GPA
- Vice president, DePaul Chapter Society of Professional Journalists/Online News Association
- Online journalism graduate assistant
Alma College; May 2010
- Bachelor of Arts; major: History, minor: English