G2 Crowd’s Learning Hub
- I oversaw the strategy and editorial direction for the first 2,000-plus articles published to Learn.G2.com. I wrote this article about how we grew our traffic from 0 visitors to more than 1 million monthly visitors in less than a year. It was part of an eight-article series detailing our content marketing strategy.
- In late 2017 I led the launch of G2 Crowd’s Digital Trends series. In past years we’d written one-off articles but with no SEO, PR, or social strategies backing them. We launched a hub of 15 articles to compete with our competitors who had successfully written their own series. Our articles saw more than 50,000 visits in the first year, and our Research team greatly expanded this effort in 2019. Our 2018 trends were cited by numerous news outlets, including The Atlantic, and have been linked to by more than 200 domains.
- In late 2017 to early 2018 we launched a series on the top-rated software products in 10 countries and 25 U.S. cities. It was the first such series we’d done and an intentional effort to increase backlinks to G2 Crowd. The campaign was hypothesized and executed by myself, Levi Olmstead and Tom Hardin. We had no PR or marketing support, but supplemented by creating pre-written press releases to all vendors included. Overall, the campaign saw more than 400 referring domains, mostly from software vendors and news outlets. Levi and I wrote a case study on this campaign for BuzzStream. Adam Schoenfeld (VP of Strategy, Drift) and Matt Heinz (President, Heinz Marketing) organically discussed this campaign on their LinkedIn podcast.
Content Marketing Beyond G2 Crowd
- I was featured in Intercom’s The Ultimate Marketing Stack for 2019 and was a panelist on the follow-up webinar.
- I spoke to Planable about how G2 Crowd’s marketing team scaled for a webinar.
- I was also featured in Planable’s ebook “Marketing Teams of the Future,” and in its Planable Academy courses for building marketing teams of the future.
- OneIMS spoke to me for a video about “Using Feedback and Data to Achieve Better Results” for its Coffee with Closers series.
- I was cited in Databox’s articles on “Traffic Sources That Will Grow & Decline Next Year” and “The Best Blogging Platform for Content Marketers.”
- I wrote an intro guide for “What is Wireframing” for CliqueStudios.